We have good feature in D365 to personalize form the end user can hide, add, skip the unnecessary fields and column from the form on which they perform their day to day task. It helps user to do their job in smart way without moving around on unnecessary fields. Here I will guide the step by step process that how to do personalization in D365.
We can access the form personalization in two way in D365
1. Click on any form>Option>Form personalizat
2. By right click on any form
When we click on personalize this form we will get another tool bar it has the different option to personalize form.
- Select: Select an element to open a dialog and change its properties
- Move: Select and element and drag to a new location. Or use tab and arrow keys to choose the new location and space/enter to confirm, escape to cancel
- Hide/Show: Select an element to toggle whether they are visible or not
- Summary: Select an element to toggle whether they appear in their collapse section header
- Skip: Select field to toggle whether they are skipped on tabbing
- Edit: Select field to toggle whether you want to prevent from editing them
- Add: Select an area or element of form to open a dialog to choose data field to add to that area
- Select: When I click on the select button then I can select the area on which I need change and then I can change the properties as we want. Here I Select general fast tab of vendor detail and select the don’t edit check mark now no one can edit the vendor general fast tab. You can validate the change after refresh of the form in every step.
Now I want to move the vendor group field to other place so as I click on the move button from the tool bar then click on the field that I want to move it is gray out with the box.
Now hold and drag the field where you want to place it notice when you drag the field it get color with yellow so when you are dragging the field you can only leave the field where you get the yellow line then you can see the change after refresh the form.
On the vendor detail form here I will hide the abc code field that I don’t want on the form so I click on the form personalization then click on the hide button from the tool bar then select the field that you want to hide, as you select the field that you want to hide it highlighted with color.
Here I want the cash discount field on the fast tab summary for that I click on the tool bar then click on the summary button. After refreshing the form changes will be enable.
Let say on the general journal line we want to skip the description field for that we will click on the personalize form then click on the skip button then select the field that you want to skip then close the form and refresh it so next time after selecting the main account and press tab button it will skip the description and take it to the next field.
Let say we want to prevent the editing on the field of Debit at the journal line we will click on the form personalization then click on the edit button then specified the field that you want to prevent from edit, changes will take effect after refreshing the form.
You can add field on the form by clicking on the add button on the form personalization let say here I want to add the note field on the form grid view, I will select it from the add field the click on the insert then refresh the form to see the effect.