Retail industry is one of the fastest growing business sectors around the globe. Microsoft Dynamics AX has provided their customers a complete and efficient solution to control and enhance their company’s Retail sector business.
Retail components are available with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3, R2 and Feature Pack versions. In which Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 has provided the best means to integrate the Retail Point-of-sale and Retail Headquarters through two primary components: Commerce Data Exchange: Async Server and Commerce Data Exchange: Async Client.
In this blog, I will be demonstrating the steps to install and configure Commerce Data Exchange: Async Server.
- For the basic installation, we consider one Async Server should be installed at Retail Headquarter. Before installation, I will create a self-signed SSL certificate with a tool named “SelfSSL.exe” and add it to “Trusted Root Certificate Authority” of my computer as this component uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
Note: I am using self-signed SSL certificate for the sake demonstration only but in Production environment you must install a server certificate that was issued by a trusted certification authority.
- Run command prompt as administrator > Go to the folder where you have extracted “SelfSSL.exe” and run this command: SelfSSL /N:CN=”enter your full computer name” /V:1000 /S:2
- To add your certificate into trusted certificates, Right click your certificate > Select Export > Select suitable path and add password. This will export your certificate into a .pfx file. Now Go to start > Open Certificates manager (Write “certmgr.msc” and Press Enter) > Expand “Trusted Root Certificate Authority” > Right click certificates > All tasks > Import.
Browse your certificate in .pfx format and Click Next.
Enter the password you added while exporting the certificate and Click Next.
Browse “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and select Local Computer node. Click Next > Click Finish.
- Now start the installation. Open Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 setup > Add or modify components > Select Async Server from Retail Components and Click Next.
- Validate Prerequisite and Click Next. Now On Configure Async Server page:
– Enter Application Name, Website name and App pool name as you want, you can set same name in all three as well.
– Enter your administrator user name with domain and password.
– Enter Async Server HTTPS port.
– Enter the username with domain on which your AOS service is running.
– Enter SSL certificate thumbprint we have created earlier and click Next. You can find it on the Details tab after opening your certificate:
- Enter Headquarter message database name, the setup will create and configure it. Don’t select any existing database. Click Next > Validate Prerequisite and Click Next > Click Install.
Your Async Server is successfully installed and configured. To verify that your Async Server is working fine, Go to https://’Enter your full computer name’:’Enter port on which you installed Async Server’/’Enter website name’/DownloadService.svc. This site should open successfully.
After the installation: Open Microsoft Dynamics AX. Go to Retail > Setup > Parameters > Retail scheduler parameters. Enter your server name and HQ message database name, Click “Sync metadata”.
Go to Retail > Setup > Parameters > Retail scheduler > Channel integration > Working folder. Setup working folders.