Often we need to copy data from one company to other or to compare one company to another for data changes , Today i will discuss how to easily achieve this using Data import export framework
Topic to be discussed in this Series are
- Copy entity data between companies
- Compare entity data between companies
Note: This process for copying entity data between companies is supported only for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 CU7 and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 .
First thing first , these options are available under “Data import export framework – > Common.. ”
Copy entity data between companies:
I had a customer scenario where I had to create new companies and copy data from one company to all newly created companies. To achieve this I first created new companies and to copy certain entity data between companies or legal entities, I used the Copy entity data between companies wizard.
- Provide a name for the processing group, so that you can identify it later, and then click Next >.
- Select your desired entities to copy, Microsoft has provided 156 out of the box entities.
- Now select one source company, and one or more target companies to copy the data to. here i select AXP as my target company ,select and then click Next
- Enter parameters for the batch job, enter the number of batch tasks to use when the batch is run, and then click Next
- Click Finish to copy the entity data to the other companies.
- An Infolog message is displayed that describes how many records were inserted into staging then into the target company.
That’s it! we did it, successfully copied customer data from one company to another(targeted companies can be more than one). Please note that I have used Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 for this purpose. In part 2 of this blog I will discuss how to compare entity data between companies.